Tuesday, December 20, 2016Labels: Comfort Supply, Comfort Supply HVAC, direct marketing, HVAC maintenance, marketing tips, Middle Tennessee, social media, website
Making sure your business is heard above the noise of your competitors can be difficult. Here are some marketing tips to help your company stand out from the crowd. Take a look:
Social media is a very important outlet for connecting with today’s homeowners – 68% of all U.S. adults use Facebook, according to Pew Research Center. Maintaining an active presence on social media will help your customers recognize and remember your company the next time they need a contractor. Here are some tips for using social media:
· Post regularly: To stay top-of-mind, it’s important to post at least a few times each week.
· Share relevant content: Pay attention to current trends (i.e. energy efficiency or “going green”) and upcoming weather changes to ensure the information you’re sharing is relevant to your target audience.
· Include audio & visual elements: The inclusion of visuals – especially those in color – increases a person’s willingness to read something, according to a report by Xerox. So one of the best ways to catch someone’s attention on social media is through pictures and videos. Include these regularly to interest your followers and increase engagement.
Your company’s website is often the first impression someone will receive of your business, so it’s important to keep it regularly updated and easy to use. Here are some tips for making your website attractive to visitors:
· Use a visually appealing design: Be sure to use consistent color schemes and font choices throughout the site. And because visuals are so effective at drawing people in, consider including graphics, photos and videos to break up the written content.
· Add value for visitors: Use your website as a place to offer maintenance tips and answers to frequently asked questions so homeowners view your website as a resource, not just a marketing tool. Don’t forget to also include your company’s contact information and hours of operation.
Direct marketing is another effective method of reaching homeowners and can be done through a variety of media, including mail, email, text messages, catalog distribution and more. Here are some tips to creating a direct marketing campaign that works:
· Verify the mailing list: Take the time to ensure your mailing list is complete and up-to-date. According to Marketing Today, the mailing list is the most important element of a successful direct marketing campaign, and failing to use an up-to-date list decreases your chances of reaching your target audience.
· Include an offer: A successful direct marketing campaign should sell an offer rather than a specific product or service itself. Offers could include free estimates, free demonstrations or discounts.
· Follow up: After starting your campaign, be sure to follow up with the contacts on your mailing list. Your marketing materials may have piqued their interest, but sometimes they need an extra nudge to act on your offer.